- How many treats/cakes can I decorate with a 12 ounce bag of mix?
- How many treats can I make with a bag of treat mix?
- How do I use the Dog Stix?
- How do I use the dog treat icing?
- How do I use the dog frosting?
- How do I use the dog fondant?
- How long does it take to ship your products?
- Do you ship internationally?
- Can I return my products?
It all depends on how thick or thin you apply the icing or frosting. The best way to know is to order a 12 ounce bag and write down how much you personally use.
It all depends on how thick or thin you roll your dough and how large you make them. The best way to know is to order a bag and write down how much you personally use.
Making edible dog treat lolipops is easy if you carefully mix the dough...
- Add 2 TBS. water to the dry mix
- Mix very little... just moisten the dough... you should have powder mix still in your bowl and it should look crumbly
- knead the crumbly mix with your hands until it forms a ball of dough
- Try changing your gloves so the dough does not stick to them
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of flour on the dough if it's too sticky
Here is a video demonstration: www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-CLYLy8zm4
Our dog treat icing recipe is simple, just add water. The following are tips for how to decorate like a professional using Treaty Treat Icing, not all icings work this way...
Prepare a disposable cake decorating bag with a cake decorating tip. (We normally use #3 to fill in large areas and #2 to add details)
- Add measuring cup of Treaty Treat icing into a mixing bowl. Add suggested amount of water to the mix and mix on a slow speed with a hand mixer until any lumps are gone.
- Add any human grade food color. Powders, Gels, Liquids, Natural colors all work well. (If you add liquid color you might want to add less water to the mix).
- Start with your background color, for example; white on a paw print. Outline the edges of the paw and then fill in the middle of the treat. For best results let the treat dry for a couple of hours before adding the black pads.
To have more control with your details, like writing, mix the icing mix with less water to make it thicker.
- Now you can mix black food color for the paw pads... let the entire treat dry 12-24 hours in the air. Do not refrigerate because the icing will never dry completely. Some bakers put the iced treats back in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 200 - 250 degrees to speed up the drying. We prefer to let them air dry overnight.
- To decorate something with more detail let the iced colors dry in between adding new colors.
- Once your treat is dry & decorated you don't need to refrigerate it unless your original treat needs refrigeration.
- Treaty Treat Icing is different than other brands. You can decorate on smooth treats, it will not crack or melt on any treats, including wheat and grain free! The icing works well on dry cake items, too.
- What can I do with left over icing? You can TRY to put it in an air tight ziploc bag and store it in the refrigerator, maybe add a little more water to it to use later... BUT it does not work all the time, it tends to dry up. Your best solution? Pipe dots or lines of it on parchment paper to break up and use as sprinkles when you want to add a little pizazz to cupcakes, etc...
- Practice and have fun!
Here is a video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rdKnCUwQI
1. After your cake cools, measure the dog frosting mix and mix the water amount listed on the package.
2. You can add food color to your frosting and mix well with a spatula or hand mixer.
3. After you frost the cake you can apply dog fondant or piping. Let the cake air dry for 2-3 hours prior to refrigerating or freezing.
4. If you want to add piping and/or writing to your cake, you can add less water to the frosting mix to make the dog frosting stiffer for more control in a decorating bag. Just like human frosting... practice does make perfect. Just be sure to let the frosting dry before refrigerating because it will not dry if you immediately put it in the refrigerator.
5. You can freeze decorated cakes.
6. To add treats, fondant, sprinkles, etc... be sure to add them before the frosting dries.
Here is a video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71ej52F4aw
The recipe is easy but it does help if you have some experience with "human" fondant.
1. Measure one cup of dog fondant mix and pour into a mixing bowl. Add only 2 TBS. water, no more, no less.
2. Moisten mix with a hand mixer. Once the mix is moist put on gloves (preferable) pick up the fondant and knead it into a ball.
3. Add flour of your choice gradually while kneading the fondant until the fondant no longer sticks to your hands or gloves.
4. Break off the amount you want to use or color.
5. Add food color with a toothpick or squeeze gel directly on to the ball of fondant.
6. Knead the color into the fondant (gloves preferred) add small amounts of flour if the food color makes the fondant tacky again.
7. Apply a thin layer of shortening or flour onto a non stick rolling mat.
8. Dust your roller with flour or a thin layer of shortening and roll your fondant out.
9. Apply the fondant or cut out fondant shapes to a cooled cake frosted lightly with Treaty Treat dog FROSTING.
10. Let the frosted cake air dry for 3 hours prior to refrigerating or freezing.
11. If you used flour to dust your mat you can try to brush off any left over on your cake fondant or take another piece of fondant to gently pat/lift the flour off.
Here is a video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHfrH_Bz1eA
We mix our ingredients fresh to order, you'll smell the quality! We ship within 2-5 business days. We do not ship overnight or on the weekends but we do our best to ship quickly via Priority Mail. Tracking numbers for orders under 10 lbs. will be emailed to the email attached to your PayPal account, the email will be sent directly from PayPal. For orders over 10 lbs, Fedex will email you directly to the email address on your invoice. We are not responsible for lost or stolen packages, be sure you use a "safe" mailing address or let us know in the "special instructions" section if you would like the post office to hold your mail for pick up. Due to heavy volume we will not track your order for you unless it does not arrive within 14 business days.
Yes, as long as your country accepts our ingredients that we make our products with we will ship to you. You are responsible for additional customs/duty fees/taxes. We do not ship to Italy or Brazil
Our food products cannot be returned. If your product arrives damaged you can file a claim through the shipping service, please take photos of the damage incase you need them. Contact us immediately if you have damaged goods, no longer than 14 days.